Government= federal democratic republic of Ethiopia. Profile;
Area= 1.1 million sq.km
Capital city= Addis Ababa (pop 3.2 million)
Terrain= high plateau, mountains, dry lowlands
Climate=temperate in high lands, hot in the low lands
Annual population Growth= 2.6 percent
Languages= Amharic (official), Oromifa, Tigregna, Somali,Gurage, Arabic, English . . . over 78 languages are spoken.
Education=attendance (elementary)-87.9, Literacy-43
Workforce=agriculture 80, industry and commerce 20
GDP=29.9 million Birr
Annual growth rate=10.4 percent.
Natural resources=potash, salt. Gold, cupper, platinum, natural gas (unexploited)
Currency= Ethiopian birr, ETB
Time and date=has a different time and date, but, local time= GMT+3.
Ethiopian Travel map:
- Addis Ababa – Capital of Ethiopia and the city is one of the biggest shopping cities in Africa.
- Adama — a popular weekend destination; also known as (Nazret)
- Aksum — home of ancient tombs and stelae fields, near Eritrea
- Bahir Dar — the monasteries on the islands of Lake Tana and close to the beautiful Blue Nile Falls
- Dire Dawa — the second largest city of Ethiopia
- Gondar — some of East Africa’s only castles
- Harar — ancient walled city
- Lalibela — home to 11 astonishing rock-hewn churches
- Mekele —— a town in the Tigrayan Highlands.
Ethiopia is placed among African countries of Kenya, South-Africa, Tanzania and Zambia for preserving and well maintaining national parks for tourist attraction. The southern and south-western part of the country has a stunning natural beauty with a huge potential of becoming a unique resort.
- Abijatta Shalla Lakes National Park
- Awash National Park
- Bale Mountains National Park
- Mago National Park
- Neshisar National Park
- Omo National Park
- Rift Valley lakes seven lakes which are a popular weekend getaway for Addis residents, great for birding, watersports or relaxing at one of the luxury resorts
- Simien National Park
- Sodere – Spa resort
- Wolo Highlands
- Yangudi National Park